Petroleum Project Economics & Risk Analysis
21 Nov 2018 at 5:20
24 Nov 2018 at 5:20
Exploration and Production companies often must evaluate their potential E&P investment using proper present value analyses of expected future cash flows. From the projected cash flows and required investments, the annual rate of return and other project economic indicators can be extracted to evaluate the significance of company investment.
This training course provides practical guidance in the application of the techniques of the economic analysis currently used in the Oil & Gas industry. When executing a petroleum related project, one should be able to choose the best alternative from economic point of view as well as to properly evaluate various investment opportunities by determining economic indicators and sensitivity analysis. Techniques for predicting profit, production, costs, and cash flow enable the analyst to evaluate decision alternatives for optimum results. Understanding economic indicators, risk and uncertainty, different economic structures such as tax regimes and production sharing contracts, enhances the quality and the value of economic analysis.
This training course will highlight:
- Familiarization with the application techniques of the economics analysis in the Oil & Gas industry
- Petroleum related project evaluation methods
- Screening of the petroleum projects based on evaluating the investment opportunities
- Identifying the risks and uncertainties of the project
- Application of risk management methods in mitigating the identified risks of the project